Saturday, July 3, 2010

Enchanting Dieburg (a poem of West Germany, 1974)

Enchanting Dieburg
((By Muenster) (1974))


While I stood here, near the tower of Dieburg, West Germany, in ’74, lived across the street from the Tower door, I must have looked a long time, at the little creek, that run through the park down the street beyond the buildings and small houses, old white walls. Now looking back, after forty years, whatever it was

I seem not to have lost, whatever I had longed for back then, I still have: a gentle, wild feeling, with dark eyes, loving my secret, that it is here, at this very moment I must cherish, while I’m alive. It is here, in the reach of my hand, the space and air filled with delicate life, from the world around me.

No: 2719 (7-3-2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment