Saturday, September 11, 2010

Three Poems for 9/11 (2010)

Three Poems for 9/11 (2010)


Blind as a Bat

“Tell the guy that just got a haircut,
he didn’t get one.”
He’ll tell you,
“You’re blind as a bat!”
Then when he tells you,
“I saw in a vision, Christ on the cross,”
I bet you’ll tell him, “Prove it?”
What do you think he’ll tell you?

No: 2785 9-11-2010




The Birds
In the Garden

The Turtledoves in my garden are one—
The white breasted, black headed,
Yellow bellied, brown bodied,
Sparrows, fight a-lot, but all are one
(Under God’s sun, in my garden)
The long legged, Red-headed Mohawks
(as my wife refers to them)
Are one among the many too
They all remind me of Islam,
Christendom, and Judaism,
If only they could be tolerant of each other:
In Mind, body and soul, what a goal:
But that will never happen, in Satan’s
World!

No: 2786 (9-11-2010)



Carefree Sparrows

Big breasted, toe touching,
round bellied, no neck sparrows,
live in my garden
They eat from sunup to sundown
They fly and play-fight, like
little helicopters in mid-air
(with one another)
I wish I was one of them, sometimes:
without a care in the world.


No: 2787 (9-11-2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment